Pottery bowl by Janaki Larsen.
Let’s begin with the theme of the day. This pandemic life. What to do? What to do? It’s just in time for spring cleaning.
To ward away worries about things (we can’t do anything about) we should focus on what we have control over. Might as well clean out those drawers. No heavy lifting here. Baby steps. Turns out I scored a lot of beauty freebies and samples this year. Stuck at home. It’s time to play. I have time to try out all these goodies. And remember “Do not over do it by layering too many products at the same time. Coz that would cause a rash.
I’m off to the powder room.
I’ll be back.
After a 15 minute interlude… 5 minutes on products. 10 minutes latte break.
So far you can’t go wrong with Shu Uemura, Chanel and La Mer specially after trying:
- Shu Uemura blanc:chroma lightening & polishing cleansing oil
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Serum
- La Mer The Eye Balm Intense
But the first sample products I received that had me ordering full sizes are from Drunk Elephant for the face and Onsen for an at home nail spa.
- Drunk Elephant: Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser – It cleans your skin and removes all traces of makeup and after washing your face feels baby smooth.
- Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream – A little bit moisturizes a long way all day.
- Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Daily Defense SPF 30 – Coz we never should go without apparently (studies show) even just sitting by the window.
- Onsen Unique Japanse Nail Care Kit – I had to find DYI now that we can’t booked a mani-pedi. The cream moisturizes, softens and treats cuticles much better than other products. I am even shelving my longterm “go to” CND Solar Oil. And I have been using CND Solar Oil for many years. With this kit I was able to treat, tame, buff, smooth and shine all by myself!
Love your posts Mari. So refreshing to read. Kudos and more power!